This award was Passed along to me from Demetria at The Only Girl Here! I personally have never met Demetria but feel like I have known her forever. My Sweet friend Tiffany The Southern Sass longs to be back home in the south with her Family and the two of them are sister in laws but they are truly Sisters of the heart!! I thank you for passing this along to me and hope you enjoy learning a little more about me!
Rules for the award:
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. Share "10 Honest things" about yourself.
3. Present this award to others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award
So I am to reveal 10 Honest things about my self I guess the first Honest thing about me is:
1. I am truly going to miss Tiffany so much!! I can't even begin to think about the day I have to say good bye to her. I know it will not be good bye forever but just for a season. I will miss our baby girls growing up together and our uplifting conversation we have. I have been on a Spiritual Journey for the past 2 year and growing my self in the Lord. I believe the Lord brought us together for this single purpose. She has been an amazing example for me and now The Lord is telling me I need to fly on my own......which brings me to Honesty #2
2. Through this growth process I have made two decisions that I am terrified about. You asked for Honesty and Yes I am terrified. I don't feel that I may be necessarily Spiritually gifted as a Leader or ready for this step but the Lord must feel that I am ready. I have decided to keep our Ladies Bible Study going on Tuesday evenings when Tiffany moves home and I have taken on a the roll as The Special Features Coordinator for The Warrens Woman Connection Luncheon that I attend. This is an outreach program for woman through StoneCroft Ministries. There mission is to equip and encourage women to impact their communities with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Their vision is to provide global leadership in reaching women for Jesus Christ. I have been praying about serving the Lord but wasn't sure where I was meant to be at. These 2 opportunities opened up and I am hearing the voice and obeying.
3. I was born with a blood disorder that wasn't discovered until I was 3. I do have some memories of this experience as I know it was very traumatic for my parents. Before they knew what was actually wrong with me they told my parents I had Leukemia and were not sure what they could do to help me. Now this was 31 years ago. To make a long story short I had to have my spleen removed when I was 12 due to the disorder and I have been fine ever since. I still have the disease and I get my blood checked every year.
4. I have a Love for Elvis Presley!! I have always been fascinated with him and his music ever since I was a small Child. When I was a teenager my room was Elvis. Yes I had Posters of Elvis and Ralph Macchio the Karate Kid!! LOL Glen and I went on vacation to Myrtle Beach when Bubbies was very young and we visited the Legends in Concert. They had an Elvis Impersonator and my word you would have thought I was a school girl seeing him for the first time!!!
This was the exact picture I had framed and hanging in my room!! Now come one Girls you can't tell me that's not some FINENESS!! The one thing I really really want to do before I die is go to Grace Land!!
5. DEATH: as a child i was always scared to death to die. Every night I would lay in my bed and repeat the Prayer: Lord Now I lay me down to Sleep, Pray the Lord my Soul to Keep, If I die before I awake, Pray the Lord my Soul to take. As a child I guess I repeated those words but never really knew what they meant so i was frightened. As an adult woman I have reached a place that I know what they mean. If the Lord were to come and take me now I know he takes my Soul to Keep. I am at peace about it because I know I would be in my eternal home to be with Jesus. I don't think it is so much anymore that I am affraid to die but rather the fear of missing out on life with my children and husband. I do Pray the Lord allows me to be here and see my children grow and give me grand babies and become an old woman but when my time comes I also pray that there are windows of opportunity to look and check in on them as well.
6. on a lighter note....My family was in the military and we traveled around alot. I was born on an island off the Coast of Washington state. Whidbey Island in Puget Sound. It looks to be a beautiful place. I really don't remember much but my mom tells me my back yard was the Ocean and we would go down to the shore and collect seaweed to eat. We would go hiking in the mountains and ride the ferries into the mainland. We were there When Mount St Helen erupted and my dad collected ashes off the car. I still have the ashes. We then moved to Virginia and were there from the time I was 4 till I was in the 8th grade. I started my Freshman year of High School in a new State and a new town and I still live in the Same town. Glen and I bought a house on the same street I lived with my parents on when we moved back to Ohio right across the street.
7. I have a tattoo I am not proud of and wish I could afford to have it removed!! It is on my toe and it was suppose to be a dainty little flower but it looks like a gecko lizard. It was a rebellion against my mother when I was 18 and I have regretted it ever since. Moms know best!! I just hope my children listen to me when I tell them no tattoos!!
8. I long for another baby. I always wanted 4 but my husband was done at 2!! The Lord Blessed us 3 times over. I think mostly I just love being pregnant and the feeling and bonding with the baby growing inside. However I am not sure if I could handle the infant stage again. All my babies were very hard. I love each and everyone of them with all my heart but sometimes I thought I was gonna go INSANE!!! I am so enjoying watching them all interact together now and grow and love each other. I do Pray that they stay close and become best friends in their adult life. My brother and I are very close and would consider him one of my best friends. I can tell him anything and he wouldn't judge me but just love me!!
9. I love all things Crafty!!and Primitive!! I wish I could sit and craft and sew all day!! When my children are older I hope I can have a room just devoted to crafting and hang all my Elvis Pictures back up in it! HeHeHe
10. I am a stay at home mom!! I am very fortunate that the Lord has blessed our family with this gift. I do have a business degree and I worked in the Dental field for over 10 years. After getting my Degree I went to Case Western University to get licensed to place fillings in teeth. I also had a small adventure in the Mary Kay World. Where I became a Director of my own unit and earned 2 FREE CARS!!! Some day I am sure I will reenter the work force but for now I am enjoying my life and my babies!!
In my last honest tidbit I know the rules say pass this award along.... but.... I am so new in the Blog world all my bloggy friends have already done this type of post. and I am sooo tired i didn't check spelling or grammar. I should be sleeping instead of blogging so i bid you GOOD NIGHT!!
I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!!