Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A Reflection

Yesterday We celebrated another year of my Life. Yes it was my Birthday!! and what a wonderful Birthday it was!! I realized how incredibly blessed my life is.

My birthday Celebration started on Saturday really. My Mother in Law fixed me a great Lunch of enchiladas. She knows I love love Mexican!! and we just had a wonderful time of talking and laughing. My inlaws are so good to me!! I couldn't have asked for a sweeter family to be apart of.

Sunday We had such a WONDERFUL church service. It was an All American Theme and Pastor Tom Talked about Freedom. Not just our American Freedom but our Freedom in Christ!! It was such an uplifting message and service from the Start to the finish. You could feel the Lord all around! The service ended and we all went to the Church Social room for An All American Feast with Hot Dogs and Apple Pie!! YUMMY!!

Later that evening My Mom and Step Dad came over and fixed me a Fantastic Meal with Grilled Pork Chops, French fried green beans, coleslaw, brown rice, and a Pineapple Upside Down cake!! The cake was my request!! Everyone sang to me and it was so cute to watch Sissy!! She actually sang Happy Birthday. That is her new song now and has been singing it ever since!!

I wish I would have taken pictures of everything to show you!! I am new at this bloggy thing so I didn't think at the time to document it with a photo.

The Morning of my Birthday I was kinda feeling lonely. My bubbies had left for school and was very sad he was leaving me on my birthday. He has such a sweet heart. So I felt bad for him because he left kinda teary. Just as I was thinking I should call my friend Tiffany for a play date and Lunch did she ring my phone and tell me to get myself ready by 10 no questions just be ready.

So I did as she asked!! I was so excited and couldn't wait!! At 10 am I was all ready and had the babies ready to go. I was standing at my Kitchen sink and heard all kinds of giggling in my Driveway. I actually started to get all watery but pulled it all back together before my surprised arrived at the back door.

My wonderful friends and Bible study ladies planned a surprise breakfast for me at Panera Bread. They even coordinated a babysitter for my babies. So I whisked away for 2 hours of friendship which I so desperately needed. They know my heart so well!!

Later that Day when I picked Bubbies up from school he hopped in the van with a big ol smile on his face. He handed me an A+ spelling test then said "I went shopping for you today at the school store" They earn points in school and get to spend them once a month. Yesterday was his shopping day and he spent all his points on me!! He bought me a pack of oreo cookies!! I could have just melted! Then he gave me the Biggest hug of all and said I love you so much mommy now can we have a cookie!!!

I look back on the past year all though it was tough with a new born and a bouncy toddler I really truly had a blessed year. I wouldn't change it for the world.

A day came and went in February that i silently celebrated by myself, that was my New Birth in Christ. A true Birthday!! 13 years ago I knelt on the floor at my soon to be in laws house and prayed with my Fiances mom(my now mother in law) and asked Jesus Christ in to my Life. I am so Thankful for every second that has gone by since that moment because I know I am not walking alone in this journey here on earth. I have my Godly father to turn to.

I am looking forward to the upcoming year and the experiences I will share with my family and friends. I look forward to watching my Children grow and change as the days go by and Celebrating my 11th year of marriage with my forever love.

May the Lord Bless Each and everyone of you on your life Journey!!


3 comments:

  1. geez girl, you know how to make a girl cry!!! beautiful post! sounds like your little man is a sweet and senstive one. he will make an awesome husband! happy birthday to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this was just beautiful! I've got a big lump in my throat, but I guess this is just a time for tears for us both, happy and sad. This is all so bitter sweet. I can't begin to tell you how much i'm going to miss you or how much your friendship has meant to me, -will always mean to me. I'm so happy the Lord put you in my life! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is SOOOOO precious!! happy birthday! btw. . . i've given you an award (on my blog) to encourage you in your new blogging hobby.. so check it out :O)

    ReplyDelete